Indian Premier League (IPL) is back! The 11th edition of the world’s most revenue generating, most awaited and admired Twenty20 Tournament is all set to begin on April 7, 2018. The first match will take place at Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai between the defending champions Mumbai Indians and two-time title winners Chennai Super Kings.
The two-day mega Player Auction has concluded in Bengaluru. Right from the beginning, this tournament has been a place where talented players get their most awaited opportunity.In the last season, Afghanistan players made their debut and this time, Sandeep Lamichhane has become the first cricketer from Nepal to join the world’s best T20 league.
Ben Stokes emerged as the most expensive player (Rs 12.5 crore) and Jayadev Unadkat was the most expensive Indian player (Rs 11.5 crore). Both of them were roped in by Rajasthan Royals.
IPL has been a very entertaining tournament from the very beginning with lots of unusual incidents happening in and outside the field each season like four tons by Virat Kohli.
A total of 60 matches will be played at nine different venues in the span of 51 days starting from April 7, 2018, until May 27, 2018.
In the meantime, the fans in Jaipur and Chennai can experience their share of IPL mania as MA Chidambaram Stadium (Chepauk) and the Sawai Mansingh Stadium will host home matches for Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals respectively on this Indian Premier League.
Kings XI Punjab is going to play their three home matches in Indore and four matches at home in Mohali. The final match between the top two qualifiers will take place at Wankhede Stadium in May 27, 2018.
One thing to be noted here is that this all-entertaining, the cash-rich league will have 12 matches that will be played at 4:00 PM IST and 48 matches will start at 8:00 PM IST.
Below is a list of players of all eight Indian Premier League teams and their top salary players:
- Chennai Super Kings – Ravindra Jadeja (Rs 7 cr), MS Dhoni (Rs 15 cr), Suresh Raina (Rs 11 cr),
- Delhi Daredevils – Shreyas Iyer (Rs 7 cr), Rishabh Pant (Rs 15 cr), Chris Morris (Rs 11 cr),
- Mumbai Indians – Jasprit Bumrah (Rs 7 cr), Rohit Sharma (Rs 15 cr), Hardik Pandya (Rs 11 cr),
- Kings XI Punjab – Axar Patel (12.5 cr), KL Rahul (Rs 11 crore), Ravichandran Ashwin (Rs 7.6 cr)
- Kolkata Knight Riders – Sunil Narine (Rs 12.5 cr), Andre Russell (Rs 8.5 cr) Chris Lynn (Rs 9.6 cr)
- Rajasthan Royals – Sanju Samson (Rs 8 cr), Steve Smith (12.5 crore), Ben Stokes (Rs 12.5 cr), Jaydev Unadkat (Rs 11.5 cr),
- Royal Challengers Bangalore – Sarfraz Khan (Rs 3 cr), Virat Kohli (Rs 17 cr), AB de Villiers (Rs 11 cr),
- Sunrisers Hyderabad – Rashid Khan Arman (Rs 9 cr), David Warner (12.5 c), Bhuvneshwar Kumar (8.5 c), Manish Pandey (Rs 11 cr),